Senate Finance Committee
Max is chairman of the Senate Finance Committee. He is using his post to reform the nation's health care system, cut taxes for hard-working Montanans and Americans, protect Social Security from being privatized and open new markets for trade.
Senate Agriculture Committee
Max is a senior member of the Senate Agriculture Committee and the only member of Montana’s delegation on an Agriculture Committee. He’s helped write and pass the past several Farm Bills. Max made sure the 2008 Farm Bill included provisions creating an agricultural disaster assistance program, helping implement country-of-origin labeling, and keeping many farm service agencies open.
- Subcommittee on Domestic and Foreign Marketing, Inspection, and Plant and Animal Health
- Subcommittee on Production and Income Protection and Price Support
- Subcommittee on Hunger, Nutrition and Family Farms
Senate Environment and Public Works Committee
In addition to his role on the Finance Committee, Max is a senior member of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, and chairman of the Transportation Subcommittee– the panel that writes the federal highway program. He played a key role in writing and passing the 1998 and 2005 Highway Bills.
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- Subcommittee on Clean Air and Nuclear Safety
- Subcommittee on Superfund, Toxics and Environmental Health
Joint Committee on Taxation
Max is also vice chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, where he works together with colleagues in the House of Representatives and the Senate to craft legislation that helps businesses grow and prosper in Montana.